STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach to reducing the incidence and severity of road crashes on the Bruce Highway between Proserpine and St Lawrence and the Peak Downs Highway and associated western arterial roads, by targeting identified crash causal factors through driver education programs and initiatives.
MACKAY ROAD ACCIDENT ACTION GROUP’S ROLE
The Mackay Road Accident Action Group must fulfill a variety of roles relating to the promotion of good driving behaviours including:
- Advocating good driving behaviour
- Planning future initiatives
- Coordinating the implementation of planned initiatives
- Facilitating the progression of driver awareness initiatives
- Providing expert advice to stakeholder groups
- Monitoring trends in road crash causal factors
- Evaluating the effect of initiatives and actions taken
As of October 2014 RAAG is supported in its endeavors by nearly 60 organisations with a similar passion for road safety.